Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Welcome to MoTeSoMe

I've decided to start this blog to organize my thoughts, refine my insights and participate in the discussion on mobile technology and social media. It may already be a crowded space in the blogosphere, but there's so much going on and it's what I know and care about.

I have more than 10 years experience as a product manager / product planner in the PC and mobile industry. I've recently joined the Multimedia Devices group at Motorola where I'm responsible for defining next generation consumer handsets, and before that I spent 4 years driving the Windows Mobile roadmap at Microsoft. I currently live and work in London, but I was born and raised and will always love the Pacific Northwest.

Since I spend so much of my time thinking about this stuff I hope I have at least a few useful things to say about what's happening, why it's happening, how it's happening and what it means for the people and companies involved - and the world at large. My aim is to share as many of the non-confidential things as my busy schedule allows.

Just to set some expectations (and ground rules for myself), I'll try to stay away from: general product announcements and reviews, shameless self promotion and name dropping, sensationalism and gossip, unannounced product scoops, long rambling discourses, off-topic posts, repeating or paraphrasing others' insights without attribution and incessant posting at all hours of the day and night. And just so there isn't any confusion, the views expressed on this site are mine and may or may not be shared by my employer, co-workers, friends, family or pets.

As you read this blog, I encourage you to comment on my posts - especially if you disagree with what I have to say. I'd like to know what I'm missing. I'm also keen to learn about new companies and products that are related to the topics I'll cover, so welcome any recommendations or beta invites.

No comments: